- PhD Electrical Engineering
- + 20 years of experience in Nanotechnology, especially semiconductor devices and carbon nanostructures
- Professor of microwave electronics and Thztechnology at Chalmers University of Technology
- Expert evaluator for the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
- Expert evaluator for the European Commission
- Authored +150 scientific articles and patents
Vincent Desmaris received a MSc in Material Science from the Institute of Applied Science, Lyon France (1999). He received a PhD in EE from Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden (2006). His thesis concerned the fabrication, characterization, and modeling of AlGaN/GaNmicrowave transistors.
In 2007 he joined SmoltekAB, where he now is the CTO, focusing on the development and modeling of devices, components and prospective technologic solutions for the microelectronics industry, based on Carbon Nanofibers (CNF).
Since 2006, he has also been with the Group for Advanced Receiver Development, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, where he now is a professor in microwave electronics and THz Technology. His research deals with nanotechnology for radio-astronomy instrumentation and superconducting electronics.
Vincent Desmaris authored or co-authored +150 articles and patents