- Founded TechSearch International in 1987 providing analysis on technology and market trends in semiconductor packaging and materials
- Served on the corporate staff of Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corp. 1984-87
- Co-author of How to Make IC Packages, published by Nikkan Kogyo Shinbunsha
- Columnist with Printed Circuit Design & FAB/Circuits Assembly Magazine
- Member of IEEE EPS, IMAPS, MEPTEC, SMTA, and SEMI
E. Jan Vardaman is president and founder of TechSearch International, Inc., which has provided market research and technology trend analysis in semiconductor packaging since 1987. She is the author of numerous publications on emerging trends in semiconductor packaging and assembly. She is a senior member of IEEE EPS and is an IEEE EPS Distinguished Lecturer. She is a member of SEMI and IMAPS. She received the IMAPS GBC Partnership award in 2012 and the Daniel C. Hughes, Jr. Memorial Award in 2018. She is an IMAPS Fellow. Before founding TechSearch International, she served on the corporate staff of Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation (MCC), the electronics industry’s first pre-competitive research consortium.