Chairman & CEO
Quanta Computer Inc.
- Bachelor and Master degrees in Electrical Engineering from National Taiwan University
- Honorary Doctorate from National Taiwan University、Tsing-Hua University 、Chiao Tung University、City University of Hong Kong、Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- CEO & Chairman of Quanta Computer Inc.
- “Most Admired Entrepreneurs” (CommonWealth Magazine2011) 、”Stars of Asia (Business Week 2002)
- Chairman of Quanta Culture and Education Foundation and Quanta Arts Foundation 、Director of Cloud Gate Culture and Arts Foundation
- Mr. Barry Lam is the founder and Chairman of Quanta Computer. It ranks #354 in the 2018 Fortune 500, with revenue of $33.5B, and global employee of 75,650
- Mr. Lam is widely hailed as a visionary and has been globally recognized for his accomplishments in leading Quanta in becoming the world's largest notebook manufacturer.
- With over 30 years of experience, Mr. Lam continues to play an active role in directing the company's innovation.
- In recent years, Mr. Lam has been leading Quanta to make the next jump to a new phase of reinventing itself with AI. Its roadmap is featured in cloud AI, industry AI, and consumer AI. The kick off projects include Medical AI, smart manufacture, and autonomous vehicles.
- In 2018, the firm joined forces with Asus and Taiwan Mobile to build the next generation AI computing platform, “Taiwania 2”, as a core project of the Taiwan AI national strategy. It ranked the world’s 20th most powerful supercomputer and 10th of the Green 500 List.
- In 2019, Quanta has been recognized by the Derwent Top 100 global innovators in high-tech markets, for “providing quality design and manufacturing services to top-notched brands worldwide."
- For the past decades, Mr. Lam has lead the journey of transforming Quanta through a Computer-Computing-Solution paradigm. It corresponds to three innovative stages of making server (HW centric and precision-based) in the 1990s, making cloud servers (SW centric and optimization based) in the 2000s, and making AI tools (system centric and fulfillment-based) starting in 2016.