- Ph.D. Degree from University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Senior Director of Engineering at Broadcom Corp, - Mobile and Wireless Group (2001- 2014)
- MTS/Director/Technology Consultant at Bellcore/Telcordia/AT&T research Labs (1985-2001)
- Chair Professor at NCTU, IEEE Fellow (2001) & Senior Advisor at ITRI, III
- Over 85 US patents and many international patents
Dr. Li Fung Chang is the Chief Architect (2015-present) of the 5G program Office in Taiwan. In this role, she is responsible for setting up strategy direction for the MoEA funded 5G project as well as providing technical consultation and guidance to the engineering teams working under this project. Prior to this position, she was a Senior Director of Engineering at Broadcom Corp, - Mobile and Wireless Group and led Broadcom system team to support multi-mode 2G/3G/4G cellular SOC modem design/implementation across multi-sites. She is a veteran from AT&T research Labs and Telcordia.
Dr. Chang holds over 85 US patents and many international patents in the area of wireless communications. She is a Chair Professor with NCTU (National Chiao Tung University, HsinChu, Taiwan), fellow of the IEEE (2001), senior advisor at III, Taiwan.
She received her Ph.D. degree from University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign in 1985 and was a visiting research graduate student at Caltech from Dec. 1982-1985.