- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from Washington State University
- 2012 – 2015 - Marketing Mangers Surface Preparation and Cleans within Versum Materials
- 2010 – 2012 - Continuous Improvement Lead for Air Products’ technology organization,
- 2007 – 2012 - Technologist and manager for the Advanced Deposition platform.
- 2002 – 2007 - Process engineer at Texas Instruments
Laura Matz, Ph.D. has been vice president and general manager of the Planarization business within Versum Materials since 2015 with responsibility for growing the CMP slurries and post CMP cleans business globally while improving quality and response times to industry leading customers. Under Dr. Matz’ leadership, the Planarization business has expanded its global footprint and new product portfolio while driving a strong focus on quality. Prior to joining Planarization, Dr. Matz was responsible for Formulated Cleans (2012-2015), Global technology strategy (2010-2012) and Precursor development in R&D with Air Products and Chemicals. Prior to joining Air Products, Dr. Matz worked as a process engineer in Texas Instruments advanced node logic development team, gaining experience in cleans and deposition processes and BEOL logic integration. Dr. Matz received a PhD degree in Chemistry from Washington State University, Pullman, WA, United States.