Macronix International Co., LTD.
- Ph. D., Physics, Columbia University (’77)
- ROC Presidential Science Prize
- IEEE Frederik Philip Award
- ITRI Laureate
- APS, IEEE, NAI Fellows
- Academician, Academia Sinica
- Chih-Yuan (C.Y.) Lu, Ph.D. from Columbia University, has been with AT&T Bell Labs; later joined ERSO/ITRI to lead Taiwan National Submicron Project.
- Dr. Lu is the Chairman/CEO of Ardentec Corp., and serves Macronix International as its President/CTO. He has published more than 500 technical papers and was granted 160 patents.
- Dr. Lu was elected as an IEEE Fellow, APS Fellow, Fellow of NAI, and “ITRI Laureate”. He has been granted IEEE Third Millennium Medal; IEEE Frederik Philips Award; and 2013 “Presidential Science Prize”, the highest honor award in Taiwan ROC. In 2018, Dr. Lu was elected as an “Academician of Academia Sinica”, the first industrial CEO has been honored by Academia Sinica.