SEMICON Taiwan is where the industry elites go to keep up with technology developments in the world — and where they can find the information and resources to keep the good times rolling.
WHY SEMICON Taiwan?
Semiconductors are the foundation of the smart future. With its fully-established industry ecosystem and excellent talents in R&D, Taiwan semiconductor industry is full of potentials and growth momentum in the era of Cloud Economics. In 2019, Taiwan semiconductor market outlook remains positive. Taiwan's semiconductor industry is expected to regain the second spot in global production value, reaching US$85.75 billion. Moreover, Taiwan’s semiconductor materials market ranked no.1 in the world for the consecutive 9 years.
SEMICON Taiwan is not just a platform that connects Taiwan and global microelectronics ecosystems but also a bridge that facilitates smooth collaboration between the industry, the government, the academia, and research institutions. Witnessing enormous business collaboration, SEMICON Taiwan still stays true to its missions― Leading Technology Trends, Driving Technology Innovation, and Facilitating Collaboration and continues providing various channels and activities that meet the companies' marketing and promotion needs.
2019 EXHIBIT VENUE / HOURS
- Venue: 1F & 4F, Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 (TaiNEX 1) (No.1, Jingmao 2nd Rd., Nangang District, Taipei City 11568, Taiwan)
- Exhibition Hours:
10:00 – 17:00 Wednesday, September 18, 2019
10:00 – 17:00 Thursday, September 19, 2019
10:00 – 16:00 Friday, September 20, 2019
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS of SEMICON Taiwan 2019
SEMICON Taiwan connects the entire extended electronics supply chain — in one place, at one time. 3 days of exposition and 20+ technical and business programs with more than 50,000 visitors from 43 countries registered, SEMICON Taiwan 2019 will gather 700 exhibitors covering more than 2,200 booths to provide you with the exclusive insights, innovations, and intelligence you need to get ahead and embrace today’s disruptive landscape.
．World 2nd Biggest Exposition in the Semiconductor Ecosystem
．50,000 Registered Visitors from 43 Countries
．700+ Exhibitors Covers 2,200 Booths
．Over 20 Business and Technical Programs and 6,000 Program Participants
THEME PAVILIONS AND SPECIAL FEATURES
As emerging demands for advanced manufacturing and testing technologies generated by the development of AI, IoT, and automotive electronics,
SEMICON Taiwan theme and region pavilions are spurring innovation across the industry.
SEMICON Taiwan l Co-Hosting
SEMICON Taiwan l Innovation Zone
SEMICON Taiwan l Theme Pavilions
SEMICON TAIWAN: WHERE THOUGHT LEADERS CONNECT
SEMICON Taiwan annually invites over 120 thought leaders from the global high-tech industry, to identify the next big things, share brilliant ideas, and lead the direction of technology development.
- Technology Think Tank Summit – Envision the Next 60 Years of Prosperity: Partnered with the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Technology Think Tank Summit will gather numerous prestigious thought leaders from Taiwan high-tech industry to explore the momentum for the next technology development and economic growth, with a purpose of facilitating the industry transformation and reinforcing the competitive edges of Taiwan microelectronic industry. Besides Mr. Jong-Chin Sheng, Minister of Ministry of Economic Affairs, industry leaders including Mr. Barry Lam, Founder and Chairman of Quanta Computer, Mr. Young Liu, Chairman of HON HAI Technology Group, Dr. Mark Liu, Chairman of TSMC, Dr. Tien Wu, President and CEO of ASE, Dr. Nicky Lu, CEO, Chairman and Founder of Etron Technology, Dr. Frank Huang, Chairman of Powerchip Semiconductor, and Dr. C. Y. Lu, President of Macronix will give speeches at the event.
- E-innovation Forum: Creative destruction led by innovation is the most important driving force for technology invention and breakthroughs. Innovation Forum will disclose the global trend on future innovations and depict the roadmap of innovative technology development. Dr. Tsung-Tsong Wu, Minister without Portfolio of Executive Yuan, Dr. H.-S. Philip Wong, Vice President of Research and Development of TSMC and numerous thought leaders from the research institutes and academia around the world will share their exclusive insights.
- Beyond the Moore’s Law – Heterogenous Integration Now and Future: As heterogenous integration seen as the next key technology to drive the continuous advancement of semiconductor manufacturing, SEMICON Taiwan 2019 designs a series of events under the theme. SiP Global Summit will explore the shifted landscape and potential opportunities of semiconductor advanced packaging technology under the wave of AI and 5G applications. Reliability has become a key for electronic applications continuous improvement. To emphasize the importance of testing, Advanced Testing Forum first debuts this year, with Michael Campbell, Senior Vice President of Engineering of Qualcomm talking about the revolution of testing meteorology. Enhancing device performance, reducing power consumption, shrinking form factors, and lowering the cost have become the primary drivers that are challenging semiconductor manufacturers, and new materials are what will help device manufacturers achieve these goals. Strategic Materials Conference will debut first time in Taiwan this year, presenting you the challenges and opportunities of next generation semiconductor materials.
- Semiconductors enable a Better Future: With the ability to make billions of computations per second and store vast quantities of data, semiconductors are the brains of all modern electronics. SEMICON Taiwan offers a diverse platform, covering the entire semiconductor industry ecosystem, from IC design, manufacturing, software to system integration. Smart Transportation Forum connects industry elites across the electronics industry to automotive industry, inviting Berthold Hellenthal, Head of Comprehensive Semiconductor Strategy of Audi and Jack Cheng, Co-Founder of NIO to disclose the trends of future mobility. Computing power has become the threshold to success in the era of AI, and development of novel computing architectures has become one of the hot topics. Smart Data Global Summit invites Shahriar Rabii, Vice President of Facebook and Ian Smythe, Vice President of Marketing Programs of Arm to envision you with the truly connected and intelligent future.
SEMICON TAIWAN FACILITATES CROSS-FILED COLLABORATION
Not just exhibition and forums, SEMICON Taiwan is also a place that industry elites expand their business connections and explore new business collaboration. The most iconic business networking event during SEMICON Taiwan — Leadership Gala Dinner gathers over 650 government officials, industry leaders, C-level management, and key decision makers from the global high-tech industry and academia. Learn more business networking events at SEMICON Taiwan 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND SEMICON TAIWAN?
Business and technology leaders, researchers, and industry analysts from across the microelectronics supply chain, including:
PLAN YOUR VISIT AT SEMICON TAIWAN
Floor Plan – Plan Your Visit Route Ahead
You can locate the targeted exhibitor booth via our interactive floor plan to make your visit efficient.
Exhibitor List – See What Companies Attend This Year
Check this year’s exhibitor list online. If you’re an exhibitor, you can update your latest company info, exhibits, and news online to maximize visibility.
Diverse Activities – Fulfill Different Goals
Check the Event-at-a-glance and find various activities that meet your different expectation for an exhibition.
Hotels – Reserve Your Stay
SEMI negotiates the best rates available at a variety of property types located in the Taipei City Center vicinity. Check our hotel list and book your stay.
Transportation – Make Your Way to SEMICON Taiwan
The Taipei area offers multiple ways to reach our destination - Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 (TaiNEX 1). Whether you are arriving by air, public transportation, or car,
these traveling tips and information will make your trip efficient and easy.
Shuttle Service – Grab Our Shuttle Bus between the Exhibition Hall and Hsinchu City
SEMI offers a convenient and complimentary shuttle service between Nangang Exhibition Hall and Hsinchu Science Park. Shuttle services run daily during the 3-days show.
Food & Beverage
Looking for somewhere quick to feed yourself or an ideal place to meet your clients? We recommend these restaurants and cafés, which are within walking distance from Nangang Exhibition Hall.
Foreign Buyer Incentive Program
SEMICON Taiwan offers hotel accommodation subsidy on qualified foreign visitors. Find out how to minimize your business cost and arrange your travel under SEMI’s or SEMICON Taiwan exhibitors’ invitations.
SEMI connects more than 2,100 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more
Founded in 1970 to help promote foreign trade, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) is the foremost non-profit trade promotion organization in Taiwan. Jointly sponsored by the government, industry associations, and several commercial organizations, TAITRA assists Taiwan businesses and manufacturers with reinforcing their international competitiveness and in coping with the challenges they face in foreign markets. Visit www.taitra.org.tw to learn more.
The semiconductor industry in Taiwan has demonstrated astonishing growth
during the past thirty years and become one of the major IC producers in the world. The Taiwan Semiconductor Industry Association (TSIA) was founded in November 1996 to promote the cooperation and further development of Taiwan semiconductor industry. Visit www.tsia.org.tw/index.php to learn more.